EU Sea Freight
1. The recent wave of strikes in several European countries has led to varying levels of congestion at ports in northern Europe, coupled with a serious labor shortage during the current European summer break; In addition, the maintenance of three cranes at the port of Hamburg, Germany, and a small increase in the number of confirmed new coronavirus cases in the port had a negative impact on the already strained labor situation, with late return of routes from Europe to Asia and an increase in overall delays and flight slots.
2. The Port of Felixstowe is operating normally and was not affected a lot after last week’s mass strike in the UK.
CN-EU International Trucks
1. The customs clearance at the ports of Arakan Pass, Baktu, Horgos and Jimunai is stable and efficient, with no congestion and an average time limit of about 2 days.
2. Due the impact of rising fuel prices in Europe, the price of trucking has risen slightly, it may not fall back in the near future.
CN-EU Railway Express
1. Due to the shortage of chasis, the capacity of returning trains in Kazakhstan is insufficient, part of trains will be delayed by 3-5 days, and the overall operation will be stable.
2. The self-tax channel is affected by the renovation of the railway network, mainly the Malacevich to Duisburg section of Poland, with delays of 5-7 days expected.
- Europe -Shipping Tips
1. Ocean and Port congestion persists and is unlikely to recover anytime soon
Sellers are advised to lengthen the lead time of their inventory by gradually increasing the volume of goods coming into the market.
2. Trucking has been very stable, very recommended recently!
The performance of cross border trucking has been very positive after the Russia-Ukraine war. Additionally, the current Xinjiang checkpoint is unobstructed, so it is highly recommended.
1. Textile Inspection (Xinjiang Cotton): On June 21, the US Customs confirmed the implementation of relevant laws and strict inspection of Xinjiang cotton products. According to recent data and front-end feedback, the inspection rate and inspection time of US lines have risen slightly in the last two months, but the targeted inspection of textiles has not changed as much as the market expected.
2. The total number of containers at U.S. and Western ports is down slightly from last month. Two weeks ago, the PMA and ILWU publicly announced they would not strike in response to the negotiations, so there isn’t much impact on terminal operations. But shortage of chassis and equipment continue to affect delivery delays across the country, particularly at East Coast ports.
3. The Shanghai Container Export Price Index, which has fallen 16.1 percent as of July 1, has continued to fall since its high in January on the back of high inflation in the United States that has dampened consumption.
- USA -Shipping Tips:
1. Customs inspection
From the performance of real-time tracking recently, customs inspection did not rise significantly, there is no increase in the intensity of textile inspection, but textiles are still a high inspection rate category, sellers must be prepared in advance of the relevant qualification materials, in case of sudden inspection.
2. The regular ships performed steady
Compared with last week’s, the transit time of regular ship is slightly improved, it is recommended recently.
CN-US Express Register Solutions
1. The situation between Russia and Ukraine continues to affect the market and the supply chain, especially the rising cost of fuel prices. The average price of jet fuel has risen a lot in recent months, which is generally higher than the price increase of crude oil, as per previous year.
2. According to the latest front-end data feedback, the United States Customs for textiles inspection rate and inspection time has not significantly increased, sellers should still to be prepared in advance on relevant documents.
- Goods without or with battery are all shippable.