Customs clearance is a necessary part of international express delivery. We can understand it as two parts: commodity inspection and declaration. Commodity inspection is to check whether the goods are compliant and legal. Declaration can be regarded as the data collected by the customs to collect tariffs. However, due to some reasons, customs clearance may be delayed, so how should import and export foreign trade enterprises solve it? The following will introduce the problems of customs clearance delays and related solutions one by one.
- Declared Value Difference. The local customs believes that the declared value is too high or too low to be inconsistent with the actual value of the goods, which will lead to delays in customs clearance. It is usually caused by the shipper’s declaration value being too low in order to save customs duties. At this time, it is only necessary to re-declare, and some fines may be incurred. If the actual value is the same as the declared value of the goods, but the local customs thinks it does not meet the requirements, you only need to provide proof of the value of the goods again.
- Customs Spot Check. The destination customs will conduct spot checks on the goods. If the seller’s product is subject to routine random inspection, no help is needed at this time, and the seller can only wait for the customs inspection. If there is no problem, the seller can only wait for 1-3 working days.
- Commercial Invoice Questions. The product name on the commercial invoice is not detailed, or the product name is wrong. At this time, the sender needs to provide the commercial invoice again and declare again.
- Tariff Issue. The seller’s goods are subject to tariffs at the destination, and international express companies generally have two ways to deal with them. If the tariff is less, you can prepay for the recipient first. If there are more tariffs, the recipient needs to pay at the local customs. If the recipient refuses to pay the tariff or does not have time to pay the tariff, it may also cause delays in customs clearance. At this time, the recipient should be contacted to pay the tariff.
- Involving Imitation Brand. Famous branded goods or goods with famous brand logos on them need to provide a power of attorney for this brand or these brands. If there is no power of attorney, the customs may directly detain the goods or order them to be returned to the recipient.
- Involving Contraband. Some goods are prohibited from import and export in the destination country. This situation is difficult to deal with. Import and export foreign trade enterprises can try to find a local professional customs clearance company to help clear customs.
- Recipient Question. It is possible that the recipient’s information is wrong or the recipient cannot be contacted, customs clearance information or tariff payment problems cannot be confirmed, etc. If this is the case, you need to provide the correct information of the recipient again (confirm that the recipient can be contacted) Send it to the customs clearance company, and the customs clearance company will send it to a local friend to contact the customer to arrange customs clearance.
The above are the 7 reasons and related solutions shared with the import and export foreign trade enterprises that lead to the delay of international logistics customs clearance. We hope it will be helpful. DIDADI has been providing customers with safe and professional logistics solutions, and has stable and cooperative professional customs clearance banks to ensure the smooth customs clearance of import and export foreign trade enterprises’ goods and achieve efficient operations. DIDADI has its own experienced local customs team at home and abroad, providing multi-program compliance customs clearance and customs declaration services. We have always been committed to meeting customer needs and providing services that exceed expectations.